Custom filters with enhanced row filtering

• bnelson1 3 years, 9 months ago

I am using spread 7 for win forms and I’m trying to get a custom filter to work with the enhanced row filtering. I am filtering for an image column and have two custom filters for if the row has an image or if it doesn’t. I can get my filters to work correctly with the regular style filters with the following code:

Dim rowFilter As New FarPoint.Win.Spread.HideRowFilter(PictureFormSpread.ActiveSheet)
    PictureFormSpread.ActiveSheet.RowFilter = rowFilter
    PictureFormSpread.ActiveSheet.Columns(0, 3).AllowAutoFilter = True
    Dim fd As New FarPoint.Win.Spread.FilterColumnDefinition(3, FarPoint.Win.Spread.FilterListBehavior.Custom)
    fd.Filters.Add(New HasImageFilter(PictureFormSpread.ActiveSheet))
    fd.Filters.Add(New NoImageFilter(PictureFormSpread.ActiveSheet))
    rowFilter.AddColumn(fd)

However, if after that code I add this line to use the enhanced row filtering:

PictureFormSpread.ActiveSheet.AutoFilterMode = FarPoint.Win.Spread.AutoFilterMode.EnhancedContextMenu

Then my custom filter no longer shows up on the drop down list for column 3 (I just see ‘select all’ and ‘blanks’) and the ShowInDropDown method is not getting called.

• 105p
    Reeva105p 3 years, 8 months ago

Hello,

Could you please send us a working sample of the issue to look into.

Please send across the same and we will proceed thereon.

Thanks,
    Reeva

• bnelson1 3 years, 8 months ago

Reeva,

Here is my VB 2012 solution folder to demonstrate my issue. It is currently using the older style filters and the custom filters are showing up on column 2. However, if you un-comment line 54 of Form1.vb to use the enhanced row filtering, then the custom filters no longer show up on column 2.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attched files.
  • bnelson1 3 years, 8 months ago

Hello,

Any update on this?

• bnelson1 2 weeks ago

Hello,

Can I get an update on this problem?

• 105p
    Reeva105p 1 week, 4 days ago

Hello,

We are able to replicate the issue and hence we are escalating the same to the concerned team for the fix.

Tracking id for your issue is #240292

We will update you as soon as we hear anything from our concerned team.

Thanks,
    Reeva

• 105p
    Reeva105p 1 week, 3 days ago

Hello Bnelson1,

This is not a bug of spread and is intended behavior. Root cause of the issue is that when AutoFilterMode=EnhancedContextMenu then EnhancedFilterContextMenu of a column when show Text of cells in that column, it doesn’t show customFilter.

And workaround for this case is that you should use FilterGadget instead of EnhancedContextMenu.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
    Reeva

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.