Missing unreferenced dlls

• phillan 1 week, 6 days ago

Hi,
    I have a project where only Farpoint.win.dll, Farpoint.win.design.dll, Farpoint.Win.Spread.dll and Farpoint.Win.Spread.Design are referenced. These files are also added to the InstallShield setup project. When I create a new version of my project and install on a computer I get an error at startup of the program stating that the Farpoint.Win.Chart.dll is missing. It is not in the setup because it is not referenced. I can run the project from Visual Studio 2015 and the both the project and setup project builds correctly without errors.

Do I always need to add more Farpoint dlls than is referenced in the project because the referenced dlls are dependent on other Farpoint dlls? In InstallShield I have set the file properties Registration type->None and .Net Properties Scan at build->None.

Any help is greatfully recieved.
    Thanks!
    Johan

• 114p
    Sean Lawyer114p 1 week, 6 days ago

Hi,

If you are not using charts, then you should not need to include the chart dll. And you should not generally need to include the “design” dlls either, unless you are specifically using something that requires those (like the border editor dialog, or the FpSpreadDesigner component). Which version are you using? The only required dlls are farpoint.win.dll and farpoint.win.spread.dll.

Regards,
    -Sean

• phillan 1 week, 5 days ago

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply!

I cannot find any referense anywhere in the solution to Chart so it is not used. I get a feeling that it is a dependency problem. It’s a project that a colleague of mine has created and she has made a working setup before but now when I create the msi-file this happens, so it seems the problem is on my computer and my settings.
    It’s an old version of the spread, 6.0.3507.2008, but we have the same problem to another project where we need to add several dlls that are not in use. In that project we user version 9.35.20153.0.

I attached a text file with the JIT-error message.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attched files.
  • phillan 1 week, 4 days ago

I have looked some more into this and I find that when the project is built it adds Farpoint.CalcEngine.dll, Farpoint.Excel.dll, Farpoint.Localization.dll, Farpoint.Pdf.dll, Farpoint.PluginCalendar.WinForms.dll and Farpoint.Charts.dll to the release folder, in addition to the Farpoint.Win.dll, Farpoint.Win.Design.dll, Farpoint.Win.Spread.dll and Farpoint.Win.Spread.Design.dll. I guess this is the reason I cannot run the program once installed since I don’t add all these dlls to the setup.
    The question now is why all these dlls are added to the release folder? They are not referenced in the project.

Any help on this i very much appreciated!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.