I found two issues with exporting and then opening charts (to and from Excel).
When I export a chart to Excel via the SaveExcel method (
), X axis labels are not the same as they were displaying in Spread. When I open the Excel file, the Major Units is set to 5 months and Base is set to Months. If I change those to 3 Months and Days, the labels display as they did in Spread; they show the exact values in the category range of cells.
When I try to open the same file that I created via Spread, the X Axis labels are all black.
Attached is a sample app to generate the issues and two image files that show the issues.